“A Picture (an image) is worth thousand words” is a very much philosophical as well as a deep theory rooted fact. Imaging is a niche engineering domain covering image sensors, acquisition hardware and, image processing algorithms. Specialized needs of image data handling leads to formation of imaging systems (or sub-systems) in technology products. Agiliad offers spectrum of technology services to address imaging needs in medical and industrial automation domains, which covers wide range of technology as well as algorithmic aspects.
Richness of imaging information may vary with sub-domains like 2D imaging, Video imaging, 3D (surface or depth) imaging, volumetric imaging such as tomography, and multi-dimensional imaging such as 4-D (spatiotemporal) or n-D imaging (such as multispectral, hyper-spectral). Furthermore, some of the applied business domains for imaging are consumer electronics, medical imaging, robotics, surveillance, and, industrial automation.
Increasing image quality and intelligence of image processing algorithms along with reducing device footprints has created an exciting opportunity for innovative high quality products. This has been further complemented by rapid progress in display and user interface technologies. Many of the recent innovative product ideas like driverless cars, depth imaging camera (like Microsoft Kinect), high speed tomography systems, and more are enabled by imaging as a primary technology element.
For an accelerated innovation and product development, off the shelf reusable imaging components and platform play a crucial role. At Agiliad, we have conceptualized an engineering service oriented imaging framework to provide faster prototyping and product development services.
Primary building blocks of Agiliad Imaging Framework are,
- Imaging acquisition - To address wide variety of image sensors interfaces
- Image reconstruction - To form images from acquired raw data
- Image enhancement - To Improving quality of reconstructed images
- Visualization - Different techniques for visualizing variety of images (2D, 3D, Volume)
- Object detection - Automated detection of objects or features from image data
- Object classification - Advanced algorithms to distinguish between different objects or features